Calling all cookie lovers! If you’re a fan of the famous chocolate chip filled treat, then you’ll love this super-size, protein-packed cookie, created by fitness enthusiast Zoe Hamilton. Break off a chunk and pair with a dollop of low-calorie ice-cream for a dreamy dessert option or, if you’re anything like us, you’ll probably make your way through this giant protein cookie in a few (one) sittings – we won’t judge!
85g almond or wholemeal flour
85g protein, we used Cookies and Cream (can substitute for any other flavour)
85g light butter
40g peanut butter
2 Grenade Carb Killa® Biscuits, Double Chocolate (Available from our snacks section!)
1) Start by preheating your oven to 175°C and line a 6 inch cast iron skillet or cake tin with tin foil. Spray this with low-calorie cooking spray to avoid your cookie sticking!
2) Next, mix the flour and protein powder together in a large mixing bowl
3) In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, peanut butter and the lighter butter (you may need to soften the butter beforehand)
4) Once combined, add the flour and protein powder and mix until a dough mixture is formed
5) After this, add the cookie dough to the lined skillet or cake tin and use a spatula to spread the mixture out evenly
6) Then, break up the Carb Killa® Biscuits into small chunks and gently press into the dough, evenly distributing the chunks across the cookie
7) Now it’s time to bake! Pop in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until set
8) Serve with a scoop of low-calorie ice-cream or on its own – you could share if you like, but we won’t force you!
So, who’s gonna give this one a go? It’s so easy, there’s no reason not to!
Fancy giving this recipe a go? Well, be sure to share your giant cookie with us on Instagram: @flexibrands